Love is Love
I believe love is a part of who we are, intimately, deep within our being. When love is right, it deserves to be celebrated. I fully support marriage equality and am thrilled to perform LGBT Unions and Commitment Ceremonies, completing a life long vision for two adults, deeply in love, committing to support and care for one another for the rest of their lives and beyond. There is no higher privilege than presiding over a true union of souls, regardless of their gender or gender expression.
For those ceremonies where a marriage license is not provided (LGBT weddings and Vow Renewals), I am happy to provide a certificate to commemorate the day.
While these ceremonies do not grant legal rights in Utah, they are no less meaningful in the eyes of those taking the vows and those in the community. I am proud to affiliate with Equality Utah and their efforts to obtain equal rights for all Utahns in Utah.
Mutual Commitment Registry
For those of us lucky enough to live in Salt Lake City, there is a Mutual Commitment registry available at the County Recorder’s Office at 451 South State Street, Room 415 in Salt Lake City UT.
You can find more information about the registry here.
Requirements for the registry are:
- A completed application
- $25 registration fee
- Registrants must be each other’s sole partner; be over 18 years old; be competent to contract; and share a primary residence in Salt Lake City.
Applicants will be required to provide any three of the following five documents:
- A joint loan obligation, mortgage, lease, or joint ownership of a vehicle
- A life insurance policy, retirement benefits account, or will designating one declarant as the other’s beneficiary thereto, or will of one declarant which designates the other as executor
- A mutually granted power of attorney for purposes of healthcare or financial management
- Proof showing that the declarant is authorized to sign for purposes of the other’s bank or credit account
- Proof of a joint bank or credit account